Friday, March 2, 2012

Beginnings and Endings

Well, here goes! The latest word is, I'm back from Afghanistan, "taking care of the nation's business", as the battery commander liked to say. The deployment was where I first got the idea for starting a business of reading the cards. The idea is obviously not terribly original, but I figured it would be a good move, as first, it's a way to network- find people of similar mindset, and work with the community on whatever scale that might cover. And of course provide great readings, and hopefully lots of help wherever I can!
One of the difficulties I ran into was not finding clients- seems like my dear wife tends to refer people to me! Not that I'm complaining, I think it's really sweet. Rather, it was determining fees. That sounds kind of like an odd thing, but there are all manner of superstitions, as well as a wide range of fees people charge. Ask five readers what they charge, and get five different answers. I was at first not comfortable charging for my services, but am realizing it's ok to be professional about it. However, keep in mind, dear reader, no one will be turned away for lack of funds, not ever.
I set up this blog as kind of an ongoing chronicle of the business, and to hopefully provide some interesting reading. Should you wish to contact me as well, my email is deep13tarot@gmail.com, I'd love to hear from you- onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment